The NSW government has now listed remedial and therapeutic massage under health services which are to remain open. You can read more about this here.
The health department has stated that allied health services and other health services including remedial massage should stay open to reduce the burden on the medical system.
We will offer strictly remedial massage for addressing physical conditions – acute pain and discomfort and chronic conditions.
Of course, we consider stress management a legitimate health concern, especially at this time, and as most of you know, remedial massage is one of the best treatments for stress. We are also offering online nutritional consultations and supplements and other health products are available at our clinic or can be posted to you.
Treatments that fall under the “personal” category are not available – facials, hot stone massage and relaxation massage. We are unable to offer outdoor massage for now, as Wylie’s Baths is closed. Infrared saunas are also not available at this stage.
We will continue with our enhanced hygiene procedures as per our previous emails plus we have added a few more:
- The rooms are fully sanitised between treatments, with not only all linen changed and washed at 95 degrees but also all hard surfaces sanitised.
- We will adhere to the 4-metre square per person rule with, a maximum of 4-6 people in the clinic space at any one time. Our clinic is approximately 50 metres square so that allows for over 8 square metres per person.
- Treatments will be staggered so that only 1 therapist and 1 client are in the reception area at a time. Please wait outside if there is already someone in the reception area.
- All therapists will wear masks when treating the client in the supine position, and during the whole treatment if a client prefers. Your therapist can also wear gloves if you wish.
- And of course, we will continue to ask clients who are experiencing any cold or flu symptoms or who have returned from overseas in the past two weeks not to visit. The same goes for anyone who has been in contact with such persons and the same goes for our therapists and staff.
We understand this is a serious time and respect that many of you may not be comfortable returning to massage yet. However, we are so happy to be working again and be of service to those of you who need us.
We will do everything we can to make this a safe environment for you to receive your treatment and look forward to seeing you soon.
To make a booking please call us on 9664 4400 or to book online click here.
In health and happiness,
Owner & Nutritionist at Massage by the sea